As we kick off the month of May and National Dental Care Month, here are some ways to achieve optimal oral health:
- Brush your teeth twice a day. Brush in the morning and at night, for 2 minutes each time.
- Use proper dental equipment. Use a fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush that fits your mouth comfortably.
- Utilize good brushing technique. Hold your toothbrush at a slight angle focusing on the areas where your tooth meets your gum. Gently brush with short back-and-forth motions.
- Keep your toothbrush clean. Always rinse your toothbrush with water after brushing. Store your toothbrush in an upright position so it can air dry. You can store a toothbrush in a closed container for travel, but don’t do this routinely so as not to encourage the growth of bacteria.
- Replace your toothbrush periodically. Invest in a new toothbrush every three to four months. Toothbrushes are provided at your bi-annual dental cleaning as well.
- Floss for good oral health – Since a toothbrush can’t reach the tight spaces between your teeth, it is important to floss daily, one tooth at a time.
- Be sure to visit your dentist once every six months.
If you haven’t scheduled your bi-annual dental exam and cleaning as yet, May is a great month to do that! Call DaVinci Dentistry to make an appointment at 817.251.9333. We happily treat patients in the Southlake, TX and surrounding areas. We look forward to seeing you!